Gentle • Accessible • Effective
Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck and Shoulders is based on Gary's book, Yoga for Wellness, and the protocol he developed for an National Institutes of Health research study that demonstrated the effectiveness of yoga therapy for treatment of back pain.*
The DVD includes a presentation on back pain, in-depth instruction on safely practicing the postures, and three complete therapeutic practices. Designed for everyone—even if you've never practiced yoga before!
Highlights from this DVD include:
- • Presentation on Understanding Back Pain and the application of yoga therapy
- • Technique Workshop on how to safely perform postures and movements
- • Focused practice for Upper Back and Neck Therapy (22 minutes)
- • Focused practice for Neck and Shoulder Therapy (32 minutes)
- • Integrated practice for sustained upper back Strength and Stability (40 minutes)
- • English Subtitle option for all material
- • Bonus MP3s of all practices for audio-only classes at home or on the go
*Annals of Internal Medicine, Dec. 2005
The Viniyoga Therapy DVD Collection
This series is a growing library of therapeutic DVDs designed by Gary Kraftsow to alleviate and heal some of the most widespread structural, physiological and psycho-emotional ailments. Current titles in this series also include:
About Gary Kraftsow
Gary Kraftsow, the leading proponent of viniyoga therapy in the US, has been a pioneer in the transmission of yoga for health, healing, and personal transformation for 30 years. After studying in India with T.K.V. Desikachar and his father T. Krishnamacharya, Gary received a special diploma from Viniyoga International in Paris. In 1999 he founded the American Viniyoga Institute where he is currently director and senior teacher of the Institute's teacher and therapist trainings.
A graduate of Colgate University with a master’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara, Gary has developed protocol for two National Institute of Health studies: “Evaluating Yoga for Chronic Low Back Pain” and “Yoga Therapy for Generalized Anxiety.” He is the author of Yoga for Wellness and Yoga for Transformation, which incorporate not only asana practices but also pranayama, chanting, mantra, meditation, prayer, ritual, textual study, and Ayurvedic concepts.